Friday, May 12, 2006

Shoe Shopping....

Did anybody see the Scrubs where Elliott and Carla totally made the men not pay any attention to what they were saying by using the code phrase "strappy sandals?" If the guys thought the women were talking about shoe shopping, they took a mental vacation for a few minutes, and were only brought back by the phrase "lace bra" or some such.

I went shoe shopping today and I wonder why it is that I can find it a great way to kill a few (kid-less) hours, meditative even. I'm looking for the perfect summer shoe, and I have next to no $$ to spend. Even if I did, I'm so cheap that it still takes me forever to decide.

Do I buy the wedges with cork soles that are trendy, but not that comfortable? Do I go for the earthy mama sandals that aren't as cool but will make my feet feel happy in the jillion degree heat this summer? What does it mean that every single shoe I look at was made by a person working for pennies in a 2/3 world country? Do I still buy shoes? Where do I buy them if I can't afford the ones that were made fairly?

These, the questions, on my day off.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to RevGalBlogPals! I look forward to reading your posts.

Pink Shoes said...

Oooo... such shoe dilemmas!! I always find myself with similar struggles -- I'm so cheap (and at times simply poor) that it doesn't matter what I look at it, I won't buy it... other days, well, that's a different story!!

Sally said...

shoes my favourite problem... looking forward to reading more

Unknown said...

Hey welcome to the RevGalBlogPals, I am sorry i missed you at the conference today, will try to say hi tomorrow.
Loved this post about shoes and the scrubs conversation.

Anonymous said...

i have similar worries...however I also wear size 11 or 12 so I add in there I can't manage to find them in my size.